Sunday, June 20, 2010

Giddyup!

Chloe had the opportunity to give her first talk in Primary today! She has been a little nervous but also very excited all week to get the chance to "teach a lesson" in primary. I wish I could have videotaped her actually giving the talk but I settled for getting some pre-talk pictures.

Chloe picked her own outfit and hairstyle for her special day
Here she is holding her talk and the picture that she showed during it.Her topic was: The Holy Ghost Testifies the Truth of All Things
Her talk went as follows:

When I come to church it makes me feel good inside.
When I help others I feel happy.
I also feel good when I:
Have Family Home Evening or read scriptures with my family,
When I say my prayers,
and when I look at my favorite picture of Jesus.
.
In Moroni 10:5 it says "...by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things."
.
I know that when I do things that help me feel good inside that it is the Holy Ghost telling me the church is true.
.
She helped alot with this talk, picking the things that make her feel good and it was fun to get to talk to her more about the blessings of the Holy Ghost. If there is anything in her talk that you want to know more about there are several links marked!
.
"Hey Chloe, did you have fun giving you're talk?"

"Uh, yeah Mom, when can I do it again!"

In other news, Noah has been sick for the past couple of days which has caused us to miss enjoying what have finally been beautiful days, but aside from whining about wanting to go swimming, they have found other ways to occupy themselves. For Noah, who it obsessed with horses, it has been to find a new horse riding toy:

Giddyup partner, and please, get well soon!

No comments: