Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Adam Wesley McBride

Note to self - Never end a blog with: ... like I am tempting something to happen. Like when I ended my last post with the thought that'd we'd see if I would make it to another post before the baby came, and I went to the hospital an hour later - yeah. Good times.
So the story of his arrival is a good one, but I don't quite have the energy to share it quite yet. Another day. For now I wanted to post some pictures of our cute little guy.
Adam was born at 12:05 PM Monday August 23, 2010
3.7 lbs, 16 inches
He came off the ventilator the first night and has been doing well. They estimate he will be in the NICU for about 7 weeks. We are definitely praying that will go fast!We appreciate all the love and support we have received and are grateful for such wonderful family and friends

11 comments:

Jenny said...

i couldn't believe that an hour after i read your last post, i saw on melissa's fb that he was being born!
i know the nicu is such an emotional roller coaster, i've had a close friend go through it twice. we'll keep you and baby adam in our prayers!

hope you are able to get some rest and heal as well. good luck with everything!

Carly said...

it is kind of ironic that after your "..." you went to the hospital to deliver your sweet little guy. glad he's doing well, and i'm praying the 7 weeks go quickly, too! congrats!

Anonymous said...

He is so precious! We will be praying for you and hope that the 7 weeks fly by and he keeps doing better. Congrats!

Cami said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful, of course. I'll be praying for you!

Christa said...

He is another cute McBride baby! I love all his hair, and how huge the diaper is on him. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with! Love you!

The Holyoaks said...

What a doll! Congrats, Jen. You are definitely a trooper!

mug's life said...

I love my little man :) Him and Allie can be best buddies... I can't wait to see him in person...Its so hard to believe he wasn't even due till November...what a miracle. I can't wait till you post your labor story...its a good one!

Beau and Rach said...

He's so beautiful! Congratulations! Let us know if we can do anything for you! xoxo

Rochelle said...

Hooray for miracles!

Danelle and Alex said...

He is so cute! Its amazing how much hair he has for being so early! Hope your recovery and his growing goes well!!

kari said...

I hope you are feeling ok, He is such a cute baby Jen and I really do love the name Adam. I hope you let me come play with Noah and Chloe again sometime soon.