Tuesday, November 23, 2010

For Crying Out Loud

Today Adam is 8.5 lbs and three months old. I can't believe we are already a quarter of the way through his first year. Just the other day I was thinking about how cute his little newborn cry was and wondering how much longer it would last. It seemed like the very next day when I noticed that it is changing and that it is getting louder and sometimes just a little bit angrier. I am looking forward to Adam coming out of his newborn phase. Most babies by now are smiling and responding to people around them. True to what we have been told, Adam is not quite there yet.
Friday night it was just Adam and I together. Chloe and Noah got to spend the night at Grandma and Grandpa Hubbard's house, and Joe had to work. I enjoyed getting to just focus on him and to play around a little. I took several pictures, most of them looked like this, with Adam looking up at lights, but I was glad when finally did get one of him looking at the camera. How Friday night entertainment changes when you are a mom!

Some of the time Adam and I spend together takes place in the middle of the night. I am hoping this changes soon, allowing us both to get more consecutive hours of sleep, but it is what it is. This same Friday night I was glad to be up feeding the little man at 2:00am. Why would anyone be glad for that? I believe it's better to be awake than to be awoken when a fire alarm goes off in your house. Freaked. me. out. I still don't know why it went off. What I do know is that this is another reason I am grateful to live in the city in which Joe works. After seeing that there was no obvious sign of fire, I was able to call Joe and have him come to check things out along with some very nice firemen. No fire, no carbon monoxide, and still no answers as to why it went off.


Chloe invited us to her first parent day of the school year. Last year she got shy on us and refused to sing when we were there. This year she was one of the loudest. I was so proud of her. She is doing so well in preschool and loving every minute

Here is Chloe introducing herself and telling the parents what she is grateful for.

Whistling to a song. So cuteFor a recent family home evening, we decided to bake donuts for dessert. We had a great time making them together. My kids have asked to make them again every day since.


We are currently warming Noah to the idea of potty training. I really want him to want to do this, but I also just want him to do it whether he wants to or not. Last week, Joe got sick of changing Noah's third dirty diaper of the day and decided it was time to try the big boy Cars underwear we had been trying to get him excited about. He was excited to put them on, but was crying soon after about wanting the diaper. We were on the verge of crying too when a lack of diaper resulted in messes on a rug, on the carpet, and in the shower. There's not much else to say after that.

Life continues to be an adventure and I couldn't think of a cuter group to go along on it with!

2 comments:

Beau and Rach said...

I need to learn how to make donuts! My kids would be in heaven! Cute pictures :)

Adam and Jessica said...

They are super cute! I hope you and your family have a happy Thanksgiving! xoxo!