Saturday, April 4, 2009

Temple Talk

We are so blessed to be living in an area where we can be so close to so many temples. The other day we (Joe, the kids, and I) were driving around town and passed the Ogden temple. Our conversation as we passed went as follows:

Chloe: "Look Mom! There's the temple!"
Me: "I know, isn't that so cool?!"
Chloe: "People get married there, huh Mom?"
Me: "Yep. Are you going to going to get married there someday?"
Chloe: "Yes (as in duh - she then put her hands up and shakes her head a little, as if to back up her following statement) - but I don't have a prince."

Oh my goodness it was so cute! Joe, driving, said it was so cute he felt like crying. I loved that she knows what the temple is, that she wants to get married there, and that she assumes, thanks to Disney movies, that whoever she marries will be a prince. She's not wrong though, she followed with this cute statement: "Mom, you married your prince - you married Daddy." Priceless. Bountiful LDS Temple

3 comments:

Jenn said...

SO precious! I love that! My little guy is the same way about the temple. He loves to watch our wedding video and whenever we see the SL temple, he always makes such a sweet comment about us being there and he always says he was there too when we got married. Kids are just so amazing! :)

Holmes said...

Gotta love talks like that. Sariah says similar things except she has found her prince and that concerns me a bit.

Jenny said...

That is the sweetest thing!! I love when little kids say cute things like that... what a sweetheart! That's great that she knows what the temple is and already knows she wants to get married there- smart girl!