More than a month has passed since my last post and my excuse is not that I have been too busy, it is that I have had zero motivation to sit at this computer and type anything. Add to that my camera being left in the car and unavailable at cute kid moments and there you go. The sad part is that three of the last four lessons that I have recently taught at church have touched on the importance of keeping records and journals. As this blog serves as a journal of sorts, the first lesson I have learned is that I need to be better at doing this even when I don't want to. I don't want to miss recording something that someday I or my children will want to look back on fondly. So there is lesson number one. Other lessons learned include:
Taking a picture of your cute little girl cannot for long hide or make disappear what the smile is intending it to - the disasters that await in the kitchen behind at the hands of two little rascals. Childproofing cabinets can work wonders for my sanity

Short family get-a-ways are fun and the kids love indoor pools in cooler spring weather...

...however on those trips under no circumstances should these two be put in a bed together and have it be expected that they will:
1. Go to sleep when we tell them to
2. Sleep through the night
3. Allow us more than an hours sleep at a time
They are lucky they are so stinking cute!
Bountiful Baskets are the best things ever! $15.00 and a somewhat early get out of the house time gets you this harvest of fruits and vegetables. This week we received:-6 corn on the cobs - 8 limes - 2 bags of petite carrots - 1 head romaine lettuce - 1 dozen large brussel sprouts - bag of apples - 7 mango - 8 bananas - a small watermelon - 2 butternut squashes - 10 peaches - 7 tomatoes-

Again, all for $15.00! This co-op is great often locally grown produce with the option to purchase organic and although you never know what exactly you will get we have so far had fun with experimenting with things that we maybe wouldn't otherwise buy. So if you live in Utah, Idaho, Washington, Wyoming, or Arizona, you seriously need to check out the link above. Starting can be a little confusing so if you have questions, let me know! LOVE IT!
My last lesson is one that is learned daily in my house - no matter how much these munchkins send me scrambling daily, no matter that I sometimes get scared about adding a third to the mix, no matter that my house rarely stays clean for more that 10 minutes, I love my life! There is nothing I would rather be than a wife and a mom to these two boogers!
4 comments:
That second picture with Chloe in the background looks SO HUBBARD! Glad you learned some good lessons. Thanks for sharing!
I heart bountiful baskets! I suck at remembering to order though... Your kids are so dang cute. That last picture is hilarious!
lol! I love that last pic!
So cute, I know how you feel you wouldn't trade them for the world:)
My sister Danielle wanted to do the bountiful baskets, you should talk to her about it. I think I will check it out too looks fun!
Post a Comment